Webinar Basics of Warp Knitting
Course title Webinar Basics of Warp Knitting
This webinar offers the opportunity for a first theoretical introduction to warp knitting in direct dialog with our trainers. It is feasible from your chosen environment and can be optimally integrated into your everyday life.
This course is suitable for learners who do not yet have experience in warp knitting. (Machine operators, personnel from the areas of machine maintenance, textile developers, sales, representation, managers, promotion of young talent for warp knitting).
Good knowledge of the selected language. Reliable internet connection.
2 meetings with 2 hours each (4 hours in total)
- General machine information based on the KARL MAYER machinery programme
- Machine construction and technical features of tricot machines and Raschel machines
- Construction, operating principles and interplay of the knitting elements
- Introduction to the different versions of pattern drives like chain links, pattern discs and electronic pattern drive
- Yarn feeding units, fabric take-up systems
Study of fabric constructions
- Basic stitch constructions in warp knitting
- Commonly used lappings and their combination
- Preparation of chain notations and lapping diagrams
- Analysis of simple basic stitch constructions/patterns
- Dealing with different yarn count systems
- Number of yarn ends/threading, spacing/gauges and number of needles
- Introduction of important formulas e.g. for run-ins, output, warping lengths, fabric weight