Fabric analysis of single face fabrics
Course title WKA-S
This training course deals with the analysis and microscoping of different warp-knitted patterns and/or fabric samples. The results are various bindings and material combinations that are converted into reproducible lapping diagrams. This analysis course builds on the knowledge that is acquired during the “Advanced course of warp knitting machines”(WKS). Therefore, we would recommend you take part in the fabric analysis course after having finished the WKS course.
Users with professional experience in warp knitting, such as product developers, production managers, staff belonging to the management, as well as employees from pattern drafting and pattern preparation sections.
KARL MAYER WKB / WKS Certificate and/or comparable knowledge. Readiness for teamwork and open-mindedness within a cross-cultural work group. Good knowledge of the selected language.
- General information on machines, based on the KARL MAYER machine types for the manufacture of plain fabrics
- Application fields and machine-specific uses
- Analysis of material combinations and yarn combinations
- Recognition of bindings, preparation of lapping diagrams by analysing fabrics
- Fabric analysis of elastic and inelastic (rigid) textiles
- Fabric analysis of two-bar to five-bar tricot articles and Raschel products
- Fabric study on filet and tulle constructions, pile and terry fabrics
- Analysis of various fabric faults and their elimination