!!!NEW!!! eLearning Introduction to warp knitting
Course title eLearning Introduction to warp knitting
This eLearning covers the theoretical part of our basic training “Introduction to warp knitting”. It might be followed by a practical training in our Academy. It gives you the opportunity to learn about warp knitting at your own pace, whenever you have time and wherever you are.
Users without special training in warp knitting (machine operators, staff from machine maintenance, sales, agency, managers, junior staff for warp knitting)
Good knowledge of the selected language. Reliable internet connection. Computer of laptop with an at least 15” screen. The training is not optimised for touchscreens.
The average learning time is 6 hours.
- General machine information on the basis of the KARL MAYER machinery programme
- Machine construction and technical features of tricot machines and Raschel machines
- Construction, operating principles and interplay of the knitting elements
- General function of chain links and pattern discs
- Yarn feeding units, fabric take-up systems
Study of fabric constructions
- Basic stitch constructions in warp knitting
- Introduction of commonly used lappings and their combination
- Preparation of chain notations and lapping diagrams
- Explanation of with different yarn count systems
- Calculation of yarn run-in values
- Production output and efficiency
- Number of yarn ends/threading, spacing/gauges and number of needles
- Basic warping calculations