Advanced course for warp knitting machines (WKS)
Course title WKS
This training course is mainly based on the basic knowledge imparted during the WKB course. The learned skills and acquired knowledge are further enhanced during this course, and examples in practice are carried out on KARL MAYER tricot machines.
Users with experience in warp knitting (textile machine operator, head of knitting mill, staff belonging to the management, service, as well as pattern drafting and pattern preparation)
Karl Mayer WKB Certificate and/or comparable knowledge. Readiness for teamwork and open-mindedness within a cross-cultural work group. Good knowledge of the selected language.
General information on machines, maintenance, pattern preparation
- Presentation of machines and practical applications based on the HKS types
- Introduction to the basic functions and operation of the KARL MAYER KAMCOS® system
- Machine construction and technical features of the Karl Mayer tricot machines and Raschel machines
- Function, principle of operation, and use of chain links and of pattern discs
- Disassembly/assembly of the knitting elements with subsequent adjustment, e.g., shog setting, reversing point, knockover and tempi
- Function and setting of the yarn feeding systems
- Function and setting of the mechanical and electronic fabric take-up systems.
- Introduction of k.innovation core for pattern changes on ON-machines
- Presentation of the k.management dashboard for a better overview of the current machine status
Practical works, patternings on training machines
- Threading and new setting of test patterns
- Set-up of analysed patterns on the warp knitting machine
- Practical working with pattern chains and pattern discs
- Setting of chain links according to pattern book samples
- Change-over from pattern drum to pattern disc
- Machine operation, quality control and troubleshooting (fault finding)