Advanced course for double-needle bar Raschel machines (WKD)
Course title WKD
Mainly based on the principles imparted during the WKB course, the learned skills and acquired knowledge are further enhanced in this course. Examples like Spacer fabrics, plush and seamless in theory and practice carried out on double Raschel machines complete the training.
Operators with advanced experience in warp knitting such as e. g. operators of textile machines, heads of production, designers, pattern developers, staff in the management section as well as personnel employed in pattern drafting and preparation.
KARL MAYER WKB Certificate, and/or a comparable advanced knowledge of the double Raschel technique as well as willingness to teamwork and to operate in an intercultural group. Good knowledge of the selected language.
Machinery, maintenance, pattern preparation
- introduction and practical application with different KARL MAYER double Raschel machines and their application fields
- specific elaboration and reading of lapping diagrams and chain notations
- function, operation method and application of chain links and pattern discs
- operation method and function of the electronic guide bar control system
- setting of the yarn feeding systems on the basis of the corresponding pattern
- function and operation method of the mechanical and electronic fabric take-up systems
- introduction into the basics and operation of the KARL MAYER KAMCOS® system
Bindings and lappings
- single needle bar lapping drafts and their special application on double Raschel machines
- specific selvedge constructions with double Raschel technique
- threading scheme shown by the example of the double Raschel machines
- calculation of the relevant fabric parameters of double fabrics
- calculation of production e. g. for plush fabrics, blankets, spacer fabrics, tights, sacks and nets
Practical work, patterning
- production of different fabric examples such as ribbons, scarves tubular goods, spacer fabrics, net constructions
- zero position and standard settings
- realisation of analysed sample patterns on the warp knitting machine
- machine operation, quality control and fault analysis