Malimo Textilmaschinenfabrik GmbH
Phone: +49 (0)371 8143-0
Research and Development
Marketing,Sales and Service
Malimo Maschinenbau GmbH in Chemnitz was taken over by KARL MAYER in 1992, and was merged with Kändler Textilmaschinenbau shortly afterwards.
Malimo can look back on a hundred years of constant change. It was founded in 1885, became a joint-stock company producing machines and tulle in 1907, and was destroyed in 1945. It was rebuilt, and operated as a state-owned company from 1955 onwards. In 1957, this company developed the first Malimo stitch-bonding machine up to the point at which is was ready to go into mass production, and grew as the machine became more successful on the market.
Further milestones in the company’s history were a change of name to Malimo Maschinenbau GmbH in 1990 and a takeover by KARL MAYER Textilmaschinenfabrik GmbH two years later. This step assured the future of this long-established Saxony-based company, the further development of the Malimo stitch-bonding process, and the commercial success of KARL MAYER by complementing its product range, especially in the field of technical textiles.